The first ever hybrid National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) Conference concluded last week at the Music City Center in Nashville, TN, and threw up some incredible gems for the future of parks and recreational spaces.
We were in attendance all through the conference and here are our top picks from the event!
1. Persevering through the pandemic: Parks and recreation professionals and local communities came together to provide critical services and resources when it was needed the most.
2. Outdoors are in again: It's time to reimagine outdoor recreation and green spaces after nearly two years of being mostly indoors through the pandemic.
3. Equitable access and participation: Reachout programs, inclusive multilingual systems, and levelling facility access will be given more impetus over the coming years.
4. Parks as critical infrastructure: Smaller and more accessible parks and recreational facilities will be set up to encourage more people to spend time outdoors.
5. Connect communities through technology: Streamline parks and recreation program booking, communicate more effectively with citizens, and encourage more people to use green spaces.
Meanwhile, if you’re an RV park owner or an amenity manager at an RV park or campground, then we have just what you need to have more people come outdoors and enjoy recreational activities again!
Read all about it in our latest blog!
Lastly, for those of you who would like to get more people moving at your sports clubs, we had a conversation with DSW Darmstadt, a sports club based in Germany that you would love to read.
That's all folks!
See you next week! 💚